There are a few general ways to buy Bitcoins. Bitcoins can then be used to pay for your order. What’s more, you’ll enjoy an additional discount when you checkout with Bitcoins!
Here are three common ways to purchase Bitcoins:
- Buy Bitcoins With Debit/Credit Card
- Buy Bitcoins With ACH / Bank Wire
- Buy Bitcoins With Cash
Coinbase.com makes Bitcoin purchases a simple, and hassle-free process for selected countries. You can link your US bank account and fund your bitcoin purchases through ACH. Credit cards are also accepted after verifying your ID with them. They operate as a Bitcoin exchange platform which also acts as your personal bitcoin wallet, if you don’t already have one.
Coinbase comes with a great mobile app, that allows you to make transactions on the go and pay your friends or split a bill with ease. If you’re looking for a multi-purpose Bitcoin solution that comes with a great mobile app, Coinbase is your best bet.
We highly recommend you to transfer your Bitcoin from Coinbase to a personal wallet such as Blockchain.info or Electrum before sending payment to us. This obfuscates your transaction from Coinbase and provides greater anonymity.
CEX.io is one of the safest Bitcoin exchanges we know, boasting a 0% theft rate of their user’s funds. Accounts can be secured using Two-Factor Authentication (2FA), ensuring that your Bitcoin balance is kept safe. CEX.io is also Level 3 PCI DSS (PCI Data Security Standard) compliant, with strong data encryption on user data.
While you do need to provide some personal data to verify your bitcoin purchase, their bulletproof security ensures that this information is safely stored. Bitcoin purchases made via CEX.io are quickly sent, making it one of the best providers around.
Localbitcoins.com connects you to Bitcoin sellers in your area. This option is perhaps the most convenient option if want to pay for your Bitcoins with cash. There are active sellers in over 200 countries, making it the biggest cash for Bitcoins network. Prices tend to vary, because sellers are able to determine their own rates, which may not reflect current prices. When using Localbitcoins, we advise that you compare the rates offered with reputable fiat currency Bitcoin exchanges.
This is probably the most anonymous option available, but also the least convenient for most people. You will usually pay a premium, which may be significant, when opting for this method to purchase your Bitcoins.
How to buy Bitcoins with your Credit Card
You can now purchase Bitcoins via your credit card. Before you get started, you’ll need to prepare an identity document, such as your driver’s license or passport. This is used only for the purposes of fraud screening by the bitcoin processor.
1. To get started, simply select “BITCOIN” on the checkout page as follows:
2. Next, click on “Buy Bitcoin with Credit Card” or here. It should open up a new tab. (please disable any pop-up blockers, or manually right-click and select open in a new tab)
3. Fill in the BTC Amount and BTC Address from the previous page. You’ll see the total amount charged to your card under “Price”.
4. The bitcoin processor may require you to submit your identity document for fraud verification. Once this is complete, they’ll release the bitcoins and your order will be paid.
5. You just saved some money and supported the growth of digital cryptocurrency.